you're here!

LUCKY

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Bobber Madness!!

I have another 21" front wheel now, and this one has a drum brake. My better half decided that a rear drum only was not enough braking power to keep me around for the allotted time that we should be married, and or for the insurance to kick in. I found it off an old 70's dirt bike, and it ought to be perfect. I worry only about the axle thickness, whether it will be too thin, or too thick. A larger diameter would be ok, as I could simply bore out the forks. We'll see when she gets here.

I'm going to buy a PMA kit to replace the stock stator, brushes, and flywheel. Will give me more juice and smoother current. As well, I'm going with a PAMCO hall effect ignition system. I'm really entertaining the idea of rephasing the engine now, and adding that version of the ignition system. Should be a boss... Between the rephase (which will increase h.p. as well as reduce vibration by half), the ignition, the PMA, and a general rebuild, this engine will be brand new. As reliable as anything off the showroom floor, powerful, and a brilliant addition to my bike.

Slainte!

No comments:

Post a Comment